Friday, February 24, 2012

Why i love Great Danes

Isn't it amazing to have Great Danes in your life? I love Great Danes... Owning Great Danes is one of the most challenging tasks a dog lover may probably encounter. Wonder why I said challenging? It is simply because this breed may grow into a wonderful giant dog in a matter of months. So who wouldn't think that taking care of a giant dog isn't challenging?

But despite the size issue, a lot of people are fond of their Great Danes and a lot more are eager to have one under their care. For me, no matter how tall or large a Dane will grow, it doesn't really matter. After all, size alone isn't the only basis of the excellence of a dog. I love Great Danes because of their gentle temperament and friendly nature. They are kind, sweet and affectionate. Children are safe with this breed for they are playful and love to be around people. We have a Harlequin and Mantle Great Danes. Harlequin named Zaffer with height 37" and weight 90kg and Mantle named Razia with height 35" and weight 72kg.

The more I spend time and get to know this breed, the more I feel such admiration towards them. This breed that draws attention of the crowd is not hard to groom at all. Bathing is somewhat a challenge given this breed's size in addition to prior-to-bathing-fuss but the need to bath can be avoided by daily grooming. Daily grooming only includes combing and brushing with a firm bristle brush. Dry shampoo can be used when necessary and the nails must be kept trimmed.

I love it when I look at their round and dark eyes. It seems that their intelligence can be seen right through their eyes. With a Great Dane around, I did not feel alone or helpless. I felt like someone is there to listen to all my anguish or to just sit quietly with me when I did not feel like talking. And I knew that someone brave and dependable is ready to protect me in times of danger. I miss my Great Dane; they are now in my back home in India.

A Great Dane may not stay with me for a long time, but I don't worry about that. The happiness and love this breed offers are enough to treasure them for a lifetime. i really love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment